The Dental House operates on two stories stretched across 3 buildings which are easily identifiable by the contrasting yellow doors. Main entrance is via Number 10. Access to the reception area is by a ramp for wheelchair and pram use or alternatively 5 steps into the building which have handrails either side. Some areas of the practice such as the first floor waiting area and surgeries may not be easily accessible to pram and wheelchair users. We do not have a lift.
There are bus stops close by on Prescott Road, Derby Lane and St Oswald’s Street
The surgery is open as follows:
Monday 9am – 5.30pm
Tuesday 8am – 5.30pm
Wednesday 9am – 5.30pm
Thursday 8am – 5.30pm
Friday 8am – 4.30pm
Both NHS and private treatment is available.
Telephone: 0151 228 3643
- There are bus stops close by, most have shelters.
- The paths are firm and even with dropped kerbs to most crossings’ points and vehicle crossovers.
- The access routes are lit by street lighting.
- The routes are generally free from obstructions such as street furniture and other items.
- The practice is clearly signed with all doors individually numbered
- Access statement is available in large text upon request.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Whilst a car park is not provided at the practice, there is a large car park at the supermarket across the road which allows free parking for up to 2 hours anything over this time may incur a penalty charge.
- On-street car parking is provided in the surrounding residential streets close to the practice.
- There are no on-street designated parking bays.
- All parking is on a first come first served basis.
- Reception is on the ground floor with 5 steps or access ramp into the building.
- Should you need further assistance into the practice, just press the bell at the side of the door and a member of the practice team will come out, greet you and offer any other assistance that may be required.
- The floor surface is firm and even being short pile carpet.
- The area has good and even lighting levels, with blinds to the windows.
- There are high- and low-level counter sections.
- There is an induction loop at the counter. Pen and paper are available upon request.
- There is a range of seating heights with inclusive space for wheel-chair users and assistance dogs.
- A member of the practice team will come and greet you and take you to the surgery when it is your turn.
- The building is large although some surgeries are small, so circulation space is minimal.
- The practice team are aware of this and will offer assistance as and when required.
- The ground floor surgeries are not all directly off the reception waiting area but easily accessible via the corridor.
- Floor surfaces are firm and even.
- We currently have an accessible WCs located on the ground floor for disabled and baby changing use.
- The WC has support rails to each side, which offer good colour contrast.
- The wash hand basin is fitted with lever taps and has good colour contrast with its background.
- Lighting levels are good.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and the floor.
- We have ten surgeries within the building. 5 on the ground floor and the other on the first.
- The first-floor surgeries can only be accessed by stairs as we do not have a lift. If the steps cause you difficulties, please advise our reception team at the time of booking and will we ensure that your appointment is in our ground floor surgery.
- Two of the ground floor surgeries have a larger manoeuvring space for wheelchair and pram users. If in doubt, please call us to discuss this.
- The stairs have handrails to both sides in two of the buildings These offer good colour contrast with their background. These do not extend beyond the top and bottom of the steps.
- The treads have solid risers, and colour contrasting nosing’s.
- There is good colour contrast between the stairs and the adjoining wall.
- Lighting levels are suitable.
- The building does not offer level points from the main or rear exit of the building.
- The practice team are on-hand to offer assistance/trained in the event of an evacuation.
- We have emergency exit plans for disabled clients.
Due to the building size, we are unable to accommodate mobility scooters within the reception area. These will have to be left outside the building. Our employees are willing to offer assistance to those people using them who require it.